Tuesday 14 December 2010

U.. the silent killer


lying awake in the middle of the night
when the world is almost dead
with the rain drops dripping one by one
it feels as if the sky is raining my tears

fear, that’s what keeping me awake,
as i close my eyes and try to slam it shut,
it begins to creep and crawl all over my senses,
starting with the most obvious and
branching out to all corners of the mind

why? what? how? so many questions,
yet very few answers, as the mind
spins its intricate web over my confidence,
leaving me high and dry, gasping for breath
and keeping me wide awake

as i lay on my back with my
hands under my head,
staring at the darkened ceiling,
uncertain and confused,

it was not supposed to be like this,
no one mentioned a word about this,
staring vacantly at the darkened ceiling,

i could not sleep
trying not to lose myself,
my mind keeps thinking about
the if’s and the probabilities,
without a care about the present

and in the end, it was all a little too much to take,
as the fear of the unknown surround me from all sides,
and darkness creeping its way up slowly and steadily,
the nightmares loom larger and bigger,
blurring everything else before i collapsed into a restless sleep..



No comments:

Post a Comment